We spent about 10-15 minutes on each of the four types of weather we learned about. For each, we read a book, recorded the weather on our paper with a picture, then did some sort of experiment to learn about it. Here it is . . .
Read Alouds
My beautiful drawings for the kids to copy. You don't need to say it; I should have been an artist. I know, I know. ;)
And the kids copied it. Believe it or not, folding the paper into fourths was probably the trickiest part of this activity. ;)
Sun Activity: Revolving the earth(s) around the sun. We may or may not have had 5+ earths revolving.
Then we threw in a little rotating while revolving. That got crazy.
shadow tag
Rain Cloud Experiment
Wind Experiment
Snow Experiment (aka, Snack): These are frozen CapriSuns all blended up. I'm so lucky it worked so well (I didn't try this out beforehand). But it ended up looking just like snow and it tasted really yummy!
I told them the Nilla Wafers were suns. That one was a stretch.
Song: Five Green and (Speckled) Frogs
Fishing for F Words
Reading the /f/ Sound with a Witch Finger
Kids Read Sounds with Witch Fingers (forgot to take pics of the kids doing this)
Read Aloud
Kids had to sort through pictures and only feed the frogs words that start with F.
I forgot to take any pictures when we were actually having the lesson. But luckily, Lucy happened to be playing with my phone and she took a couple pictures while the kids were actually there.

























1 comment:
Those lessons are really cute! Della had a lot of fun!
Post a Comment