Can you be allergic to thrift stores? I just went to the D.I. to get some stuff for a craft project. I was in there for about 15 minutes. When I left, my throat was completely closed up. The strange thing is that the same thing happened about 2 months ago when I went there.
I saw other shoppers who had dogs with them. Maybe I'm allergic to dogs!!! I would LOVE to have a reason to not ever get a dog. Instead of telling Brian, "I just don't like them," I could say, "What? Are you trying to kill me?!"
(I don't mean to offend any of my favorite readers who own dogs. I love you. And your dogs are very cute.)
6 comments:
i think you are definitely allergic to dogs ;)
the other option for what to say is, "do you want me to be afraid of things in my own house??"
the other option for what to say: "No"
:)
I don't love dogs, so I agree with you. I wish I had the allergy as an excuse, my boys are DYING for a puppy.
I don't go in DI because I don't like how it smells. I'm probably a total jerk for saying that, but honestly, I think it smells weird.
I don't understand why people take their dogs to human stores. Petsmart, fine because the store is aimed for pet owners. Do you have problems with allergic reactions at our house? I hope not, schnauzers are shed less dogs.
I'm with you...not an animal person. Luckily Jeff doesn't like them enough to ever want to own one. They brought 'healing dogs' around when Jeff was in the hospital and when they asked if he wanted their dogs to come in he told them 'NO WAY!'. I thought it was funny. :)
I haven't been in the new DI though. But maybe something there has been exposed to something you're allergic to. It's always possible.
Thank you so much for watching the kids today Dana! That was so nice and they had so much fun. Now my head isn't throbbing anymore. It was just what I needed. Thank you!
Love you!
Holly
Hey Dana I am not allergic to Dogs but I get that way in the DI and other thrift stores! I wonder if it's the stuff they use to clean or just a collection of old stuff. But I don't go there because I get sick!
Love you
I get itchy when i go to di and an occasional sore throat...somehting in their cleaner? I don't know, but it totally happens to me.
Post a Comment