I decided to take just one more week of maternity leave before returning to my 1st graders. I'm loving being a full-time mommy too much. I love being here whenever my baby needs me. (Although the baby may have fared better at a babysitter's today since I cut his finger when I was trying to clip his nails-- he cried for 1/2 hour and I cried for 1 full hour because I felt so awful!) Despite our crying afternoon, I'm still happy that I was here to hold him till he fell asleep. And I'm happy that I'm here to greet him each time he wakes up. (And I'm happy that I've discovered that Daddy is now the official "nail-clipper" in our family!)
One more week . . . I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can!
11 comments:
Hurray! I did that to Isaac when he was just a few days old and then I refused to cut them for months after that. I felt so bad. I learned a trick though--do it when they're sleeping. It's MUCH easier.
I'm with you. Jeff cut Cass' nails the first time and made her bleed. Not a job I ever wanted. Their nails are too thin.
Glad you get an extra week at home. :) Enjoy!
So glad you get another week with Porter! Isn't it crazy how quickly those first few weeks go by?! Don't beat yourself up too bad about cutting his finger with the clippers. I did the same thing to Kaedan and cried for longer than he did too. I think it's harder on us than it is on them and I think everyone's done it.
I am so glad that you have this time with your little man. I cried the whole day I had to leave Cairo the first time. Good Luck!
yup, I cut Micah also when I clipped his nails (and Mark too I think)
I learned how to just use my teeth and bite their nail off when it got to long (kind of what we do to our own nails when we bite them, start at one side). Their nails are so thin, it is easy (sounds weird, but that's what the nurse at the hospital told me to do, and it worked better, with no blood!)
Love the picture of you and Porter. You are so beautiful and look so happy!!
Love you tons!
I am so happy you get an extra week. I think about you everytime I pass Doxey which is everyday! I hope all is well. So how long will you have total? I'm sure Davis is a bit different than Weber but I am dreading having to go back after what? 6 weeks? NO I am not prego, I am just thinking ahead. :)
What a darling picture of you two. the only good thing about you going back to school is I get to have Porter all to myself for a day. Well and when you guys go out for your Birthday! He is a cutie and Grandpa and I are smitten with him, Thanks for coming over tonight we loved having you!
Dad & Mom
Note to self Brad needs to practice to become the official baby nail clipper. Oh Dana I am so sorry that happend for you and Porter. I still marvel at his small little fingers let alone trying to clip them your brave to try and I am sure you can do this. You are Dana hear you roar. Oh and that is sooo great you get another 7 wonderful days with you little man. Love you sis.
You look sooooo good! :) I love that pic of you two!
Dana and Brian,
I love you blog. I love how you write and I love you guys. I only wish I could take Porter early in the morning for you. Love you lots.
Dad
Okay, I LOVE that picture! That is so precious. You need to frame that one.
Post a Comment