The first grade is going on a field trip tomorrow. In light of this, I was telling Brian yesterday about my field trips when I was little. The rest of the school year, I ate school food. But on field trip day, I got a special lunch. My mom would take me shopping the night before and I'd pick out a special drink, the kind of sandwich meat I wanted (unless I wanted a lunchable), a special treat, and usually some fruit snacks. I told Brian that I planned on doing this with our kids as well.
Well, when my cute husband came home tonight, this is what he brought me:
I feel like a kid again! So sweet!
And I really don't think I should end a post without giving you a peek at this handsome little man . . .
7 comments:
Dana, that is so funny! When you said "field trip" my mind automatically went to my special field trip lunch! I didn't get to go to the store and pick whatever I wanted, but I did always get to take my very own soda (usually a rootbeer) wrapped in aluminum foil (I guess to keep it cold?) and I got to drink the WHOLE THING. Usually we were only allowed to have half. I always thought I'd do a special field trip lunch for my kids too!
And how sweet is your husband? I Love it.
How sweet! Hope you have fun on your field trip. Caitlyn has one today too. They are going bowling at Sparetime.
Porter is getting so big!
that is so sweet. he's a keeper. what a little cutie Porter is! I wish i lived closer so I could snuggle him!
My mom would do the same thing for field trips! How fun! Your little guy jut keeps getting cuter if that is at all possible!
I love Porter's hair!! He is so cute. And what a cute husband! Good luck on your field trip--I'm not going to lie, as a teacher, HATE THEM!
I had to drop something at bevs house yesterday and Porter was over there and i got to hold him he is so stinkin cute. Brian he looks so much like you.
Glad you had a field trip and parent teacher conferece! I had so much fun with Porter! He is so sweet! The vacumm cleaner is a life saver! Like Father like son!
Love that baby
Grandma Nye
Post a Comment