Thursday, April 12, 2012
An Easter Post
I swear holidays get better and better as Porter gets older. It's so much more fun to have holiday traditions when he's actually becoming aware of what's going on around him.
This Easter, I took Porter to the Saturday morning egg hunt at a local park. TONS of people, but it was lots of fun. We didn't go for the whole thing, so we missed the Easter Bunny. But we got to see and pet baby animals and hunt for Easter eggs with the thousands of other people crammed into that park! Luckily, I had my mom and little brother there for back-up. My mom took Porter to collect his Easter eggs. She said at first he tried to pick up eggs and put them in other kids' baskets for them. Such a funny boy!
On Saturday evening, we dyed & painted our Easter eggs.
Sunday morning, Porter woke up to find yarn strung all the way through the house, leading to his hidden Easter basket. I think he liked the yarn more than the basket! I intended to have him do an Easter egg hunt in our backyard before church-- but we ran out of time. I also planned to take pictures of him in his Easter outfit-- but that didn't quite work out either. Oh well! He was cute, you'll have to take my word for it!
After church, we went to Brian's parents' house for a family dinner and another egg hunt. Aunt Katie helped Porter find his eggs this time.
While we were there, Grandpa Nye brought out his 4-wheeler with a trailer and pulled all the grandkids around the backyard. I cannot even tell you how delighted Porter was as he was on this "ride." He was in heaven and would have gone for hours if he could have!
And here's our official Easter family photo:
Porter throwing a tantrum, Brian trying to fake a smile, and me being stubborn about everyone sitting together for a nice family picture. Oh well- maybe we'll get a good one next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love all the new posts! Porter is such a sweet baby! You guys are fun to watch. You're great parents.
Post a Comment