Thursday, April 26, 2012
L is for Lucy
That's her name. I've known that would be her name for years. But Brian's only been able to say it with certainty for a couple months. He took a bit longer to come around to it. I know most people wait to announce the baby's name until he/she arrives, but we know it's her name and we already call her Lucy, so it's not a very big secret for us. The jury's still out on her middle name- we're having a much more difficult time deciding.
Originally, I planned to do the nursery in pink. I even bought all the pink buttons for the monogram wall art seen above. But all of Porter's nursery decorations were green-- and we purposely bought them unisex. So to save time, stress, and money, I recently gave up my dreams of a pink nursery and bought green buttons instead. I'm sure it will be worth it in the end- better than having a half-finished nursery and a stressed-out mommy! Because let's face it, when would I really have time to sew the pink, ruffled crib skirt I imagined (when I don't sew very well and won't be out of school for another month)? And how can I justify spending over $150 on the curtains I just had to have to match the crib skirt? I'm sure she'll be just as happy and beautiful in her green nursery as in a pink one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I love that name and I LOVE that letter L! So cute. Also, I think green and pink look great together, you probably could have left it pink and found a few smaller pink accents. But green is awesome and she's going to love it.
Green is cute and you can totally do pink accents! So much pink and ruffles in your future :)
You know my vote for the middle name :-)! Pink accents would be so cute, Lucy might thank you some day for the no pink! I over did Katie, it's only been the past 5 years or so she likes pink! Love you
Ya, I'm not a big fan of pink, but Cass LOVES it. :) I bet pink accents would be way cute. I knew for a long time my first girl would be Cassidy. Glad Jeff agreed. :)
Way too. You know I totally go for green by Kai's room, but for her new room it's pink all the way.
We need your new phone numbers, mine is 801-725-3119 in case you lost ours.
That was meant to say way cute!
Post a Comment