Friday, April 20, 2012

Hey, Baby!


Here's a tummy picture. I'm almost 7 months pregnant. That means over 2 more months of growing. :) Everyone assumes I'm about to pop any day. Nope. When they find out I'm not 9 months pregnant, they often ask if I'm having twins. Nope. Funny thing is, I actually feel like I'm smaller with this one than I was with Porter. I guess I just get rather large- which is no wonder since Porter was such a big baby . . . and I'm sure this one will be too!

My 1st graders have stopped telling me how fat I am everyday. But . . . they have moved on to a new, rather embarrassing quirk. They like to tell the baby hello when they come each day. When some of my little boys see me in the hall before school or when they're walking into the classroom, they usually ignore my hello, then tell my tummy "Hey, Baby!" It sounds cute and all. But it's not so cute when you think of how it might look to a parent or other teacher walking in the hall who doesn't realize they're talking to my tummy and not me! I panic every time they say it!


Porter's starting to call my tummy "Baby" too. That one's pretty cute, though. I love that he's becoming aware of a new baby coming to the family. We are all so excited to meet her!

4 comments:

Emily said...

You're SO cute. The trouble with being short and pregnant is there is just nowhere for the baby to go but OUT. I can't even count the number of times I was asked in each pregnancy if I was having twins.

Cherie said...

OH you are adorable!!! That is so cute that your students say hi to the baby. Hope you're feeling well!

landofnyedom said...

Such a cute prego mom. :) Can't wait to meet our new niece!

Dani said...

Too cute! Wish I was there to see you in person! And I love the "Hey Baby" comments! See, even first graders know that you're one hot chica! :) Love ya!