Sunday, April 27, 2008

Speaking in Stake Conference

Today I awoke to the sweet voice of my wife saying, “You know that phone number I have been rejecting all week, its Brother Reed from the Bishopric he wants to meet with us at 10:15.” My mind shoots through a checklist; Church attendance check, Keeping up on my calling check, Tithes check and so on and so forth. Then it hits me, “Holy crap stake conference is next week and they need us to speak.” I knew that was exactly what they wanted. So as we each showered and I finished getting ready, and Dana put her wet hair up in a bun we walked out on our front porch to the sweet smell of rotting egg. We worked our way down to the car and got in, I don’t know what the deal is with smells this morning, but our car had a very unpleasant smell in it as well. We drove the long .87 miles to our church building, passing three other LDS churches on the way and entered the building. There they sat like the mafia behind a desk with armed guards on either side saying, “Please come in” my heart quickened in pace as I waited to hear how long our talks needed to be. He told us we each needed to talk for 15 minutes, despair. Seriously, but not really. What he ended up really wanting was to call Dana to a new calling which I am so excited about, She has been called to be in the Young Women’s Presidency, I love that we will now be able to go to church activities together, that is not to say that I am a young woman, but I am serving in the Young Men’s Presidency.

P.S. No animals were harmed in the writing of this blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Dana! They couldn't have a better example of virtue and kindness and a million other wonderful things! You will be GREAT!
We love you
Mom and Dad

McMillan Family said...

that is so neat. I am excited for you Dana. You will do a wonderful job. As for you Brian i am glad that you know that you are a boy and not a young women.