For three years, I have consistently tried to leave. I wanted to experience other places too! Last summer, I even got a job teaching at a school near my sister's house in Houston. But within weeks of getting the job, I met the love of my life-- who happened to live and work in Utah! My plans were changed yet again (which is a pretty fair trade for getting the most handsome husband in the world!!).
Friday, June 13, 2008
Giving In
Does anyone honestly ever know where they're going to be in 5 years? Or even 3? Three years ago, I had just graduated from BYU with plans to travel and live in as many different places as I could. I wanted to experience it all- city life, country life, east coast life, southern life, etc. But I quickly discovered that what I plan for my life may not necessarily be what the Lord is planning! As hard as I tried, I couldn't get a teaching job anywhere! Finally, a week into the school year, I reluctantly applied to a school district back in Utah. I got a job immediately. Within one day of applying, I was driving back to Utah in a car my parents were letting me use. I eventually bought it from them, but insisted that my dad keep the title in his name so I could keep the Washington license plates. After all, I would only be in Utah for one year.
For three years, I have consistently tried to leave. I wanted to experience other places too! Last summer, I even got a job teaching at a school near my sister's house in Houston. But within weeks of getting the job, I met the love of my life-- who happened to live and work in Utah! My plans were changed yet again (which is a pretty fair trade for getting the most handsome husband in the world!!).
At last, I am giving in. I've been driving around with Washington license plates on my car for 3 years now, assuming that each year would be my last one in Utah. But yesterday, I traded them in for my fancy new Utah plates. And I'm currently in the market for a new hobby-- no more planning for me!!
For three years, I have consistently tried to leave. I wanted to experience other places too! Last summer, I even got a job teaching at a school near my sister's house in Houston. But within weeks of getting the job, I met the love of my life-- who happened to live and work in Utah! My plans were changed yet again (which is a pretty fair trade for getting the most handsome husband in the world!!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We are so Thankful for that smart insightful principal who hired you! We feel like you have been in our family forever! We love you Dana and we are so happy you completed what already was a great circle of Daughters and Son in loves!
Love you
Dad and Mom
Welcome to Utah!!! Now just move back down here and come back to Pony! We miss you. Hope you're well. I can tell you're happy.
I love that you took a picture of the Washington plates partially off! I'm glad you're staying here... don't move either... we don't want new neighbors, we like the ones we have!!! :-)
Now that you are switching to UT plates, you will probably move. That's what happens. I miss you Dana! I am loving catching up on your posts!
Post a Comment