Friday, June 6, 2008

Summer Break . . . So Far


So I have just finished my first week of summer break! Here are a few highlights from my week . . .

#1- On Sunday I taught my 1st lesson in Young Womens . . . to our 1 young woman who was there. It's not much like teaching a room full of 20 7-year olds. I wasn't well-prepared for the uninterrupted time and we ended like 15 minutes early! I'll do better next time!

#2- On Monday, my first real day of not having to go to school-- I went to school. As soon as school ends, I can't help but get excited for the next school year! This week I worked on organizing Reading lessons. I love my job!

#2- On Tuesday I started tutoring. I'm going to tutor this boy twice a week. It'll be nice to get to teach a student one-on-one. Hopefully we'll make a lot of improvement!

#3- On Wednesday, I got a call from my principal asking me if I'd teach summer school (starting on Monday!). I told him no. Even though I still go to school everyday, I like the feeling of not having to be there!

#4- On Thursday, Brian and I went to FlowRider and I mastered the surfboard (meaning I didn't fall off immediately after entering the water- I probably lasted about 10 seconds at least!!) Afterward, we picked Brian's parents up from the airport and heard all the stories from their 2 weeks in China!! (Now I want to go there too!)

#5- Today (Friday) was a big day. I've begun the process to get my Utah license plates (goodbye Washington plates). I also went to get a new windshield for my car (goodbye ridiculously long crack!) and I couldn't get over the CUTE name of the business that did it. Brian found them for me. It was called "Glasshopper!" I loved it! Then we were going to finish off the day by going to the movies. But I don't recommend the movie we saw (goodbye movie night). I don't want to give it bad publicity . . . but I'll just say-- it rhymes with "Don't Ress with the Rohan." I thought it was terribly inappropriate and nothing like we expected from the previews. But the night was saved by Brian's quick-thinking as he took me to Barnes & Noble where I got a new "Fancy Nancy" book (my favorite children's books ever! Tonight I got "Fancy Nancy's Book of Fancy Words") and "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer.

#6- Another noteworthy event of today was my dream this morning: I dreamed that the gas prices were dropping and got down in the $1 range. Ah, beautiful dreams!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like A fun week Dana! Glad we all walked out of that show! It was the worst!
Love you

danielle said...

you couldn't tell that from the previews sweetie?!! ;)

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

You are such a cute teacher! Thanks for the heads up on the movie. I just started reading 'The Host' too. I'm about 2/3 of the way through it. Great book! You'll have to let me know what you think of it. I just love Stephenie Meyer's books!

Dani said...

Great week! I'm so glad you get a break...even if it means you just get busier with something else! :)