I don't have much time to post tonight . . . but I wanted to put up some pics from our day on Saturday.
We rode the FrontRunner train from the station in Clearfield near our house to Salt Lake. Brian rides the train to work & school a lot, but this was the first time I got to ride it!!


We talked my little sister Dawnia and her friend Nick to come along with us too!

First stop . . . the Gateway Mall for their outdoor sidewalk chalk art festival. A few of our favorites:



Next stop . . . the Salt Lake Bees (minor league) baseball game!! It was a double-header AND had fireworks afterward!!

FUNNY STORY
As we were walking up to the stadium, I told Brian to turn around and pose for a picture . . .

But then, my hilarious husband decides to turn around and ask the traffic cop directing the crosswalk to pose for a picture with him. The cop complies.

But as soon as the picture's taken, the cop says, "You guys aren't from around here, are you?" assuming that we were crazy tourists who thought Utah police officers were a novelty! But Brian quickly told him that we're actually from the Layton area and he just happened to want a picture with him! It was very funny! I think the officer thought we were a little strange . . . but I guess we are!! (and by we, I mean Brian!)
Around 11:30, we finally caught the last train home. It was a fun day, but I have to admit we were exhausted!! But no matter how tired he was, Brian still insisted on sleeping in his new Salt Lake Bees hat we bought at the game! (He honestly did sleep in it last night!!)

Isn't he adorable?
3 comments:
I love the sidewalk chalk festival... I swear my creations when I was 7 were almost as good! Ha!! ha!!
How fun! We still haven't been on FrontRunner. Cameron always asks though... maybe soon.
That sidewalk chalk art looks amazing!! I had no idea that something like that existed!
It looks like it was a full, fun packed day!
Don't you know you're not supposed to post pictures of the sisters without me??? :) j/k! Glad you guys all had fun!
Post a Comment