Title of My Paper
Brian Nye
Writing is very exciting to me. I take a moment to collect my thoughts, which I should mention are rarely of a serious nature, and I just start scribbling things that come to mind. Most often after I have finished writing I look forward to sharing it with people; both to see if it makes them laugh and to get some feedback of how I might do better. I enjoy using dictionaries and thesauruses when I write. I think using words like gobbledygook, poppycock and gardyloo add a level of jocundity. I have great hopes of refining my writing in this class. Often times I have all kinds of ideas inside of my head and then when I sit down to write you can sometimes hear a deflating sound as the ideas pass from my cranium to the most available orifice, causing a variety of symphonic sounds to pass through the room.
Forging a good sentence or paragraph is one of the most exciting things that produce such a rush of adrenaline. Knowing that what you have just written can be shared and laughed at by whoever reads it is a very rewarding feeling. I often find that taking the most unexpected path in writing makes me the happiest. Peradventure your teacher asks you to write a paper regarding unicorns; I would be the person in the class who writes about the annual drunken hobbit rodeo done on the backs of unicorns. If I could pick one author to meet and learn from it would be Steve Martin. I enjoy his shocking boldness and sense of humor. These are qualities I try to incorporate into my writing.
To me writing is like being the king of the world. In this world that I reign over; I may say, do or have someone else do whatever I can imagine. The other day I took a trip down to Midgetville and participated in my favorite sport of tossing midgets, I competed in both the distance and accuracy events. After the games concluded I went over to the land of Poop-Flinging Monkeys and taught them to fly, thus creating an opportunity for them to attack from above without warning. The really cool part about it is I went to these exotic places without ever leaving my “Throne” or computer chair. Writing is truly a never ending adventure.
1 comment:
Well Brian I wouldn't expect anything less from you than a great paper with a twist of humor! My all time favorite paper well letter you wrote was the one from your mission. Where you detailed all the dandy things about Arkansas! It was a classic! The family all loved it!
love you
Mom
Post a Comment