Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Back to School???


Yesterday was a big day. I was shopping at WalMart, getting supplies for our camping trip today. As I was searching for the Hershey bars, I stumbled upon the most wonderful and exciting sight: just a few aisles over, employees were setting up the Back-to-School section!!

Now, you might wonder why a teacher is excited to see this very apparent sign that summer break is drawing to its close . . . but somehow, the "magic" of the school supply section usually makes me want to go back! But it's really not a sign anyway- my break isn't even halfway over yet.

I do feel particularly excited because I'm a teacher (and school supplies are what I live on all year). But really, I think everyone should walk down memory lane (aka: the school supply aisles), and do some back-to-school shopping. Because really, is there anything better than buying a new set of (sharp) crayons for 25 cents a box? Or getting a new set of cute organizational tools for your desk in this year's newest fashions (polka dots? paisley?)? Or can anyone really top the 6-cent portfolios that you can get at WalMart if you're watching closely enough to catch the week that they're on sale? And doesn't everyone always need new markers?

This is a great time of the year-- and inevitably means all my trips to the store will now be about 20 minutes longer!

6 comments:

The Hunzikers said...

I LOVE back to school aisles!! Oh my word, I can't even begin to tell you because you already know. Don't you just get a happy feeling in your stomach? I do. I love the specials!

Emily said...

i love school supplies. i haven't been to school in 5 years now but i always shop the back-to-school sales. markers, post-its, notebooks, pencils, love it all.

TJ said...

don't forget the cute scrap book paper you'll get to spend hours cutting out and laminating!

TJ said...

ps this is dani - i forgot i'm signed in as tj. oh well. pretty sure he'd back me up on that one. ;)

Rob and Juliann said...

There is nothing better than a few blank sheets of paper and a new box of sharpened crayons. I LOVE school supplies almost as much as orgainizing supplies.

Heidi said...

I have to say I haven't miss teaching until now, the back to school excitment and newness is real and so fun! I will shed a few tears this year, but I know when my kids go to school and can feel a little more a part of it all!