Michelle was my roommate for all 4 years of college. She and her husband, Devin, and daughter, Ava, were in town for the week. We've been planning this since we hung out with them in Boise a few months ago.
Jill came with us too! She was our roommate for only 1 semester of college, but she still practically lived with us cuz we still did everything together. I was so excited to hang out with my girls again!! (Danielle and Ash- we missed you!)
We decided on Little Cottonwood Canyon- mostly so we could get some rock-climbing in for Brian! But the place we found to climb was actually really stupid. It has such a weird slope (I think they call it slab climbing). But there was nothing to hold on to! So it was pretty much just pushing yourself up with your feet while praying that you don't slip! This was our first and last slab climb.
The good thing about this spot, though, was that it had a gorgeous waterfall right next to the place we were climbing on the rock.
Here's our beautiful campsite- just next to a little river. So pretty!:
Here's Brian's favorite pic from the camping trip:
Here's my favorite pic from our camping trip:
Here's Brian looking at the mountain where the pioneers quarried the huge blocks of granite for the Salt Lake Temple.
And here's my sweet husband, who after 2 long days of camping, refused to let me carry any of the gear back up to our 3rd floor condo. And, being as buff as he is, he made it in only 2 trips!!
5 comments:
It looks like a total blast! I love getting together with roommates. Best friends I'll ever have, I think.
WOW now I feel really guilty I think I was talking to Brian on the phone while he was hauling all this stuff in! EEEEK!!! Looks like a great time and Dana you are a good sport! Brian you're a lucky Man!
Love you
Dad and Mom
so sad you all got to hang out with out me -- if only i lived closer (and liked camping!)
YOu guys are SO cute! This post made me want to go camping!
I love where you guys went, it is gorgoues. I think you roughed it way more than us.
Post a Comment