Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thunderstorms & Ice Cream

Disclaimer: I did not take this picture. I found it online. =)

Last night around midnight-ish, Brian and I were getting ready for bed and digging in to our nightly bowls of ice cream (Target brand: "Archer Farms" Mint Chip flavor . . . our current favorite!) when we couldn't resist the lightning show going on outside. So, ice cream bowls in hand, we went out searching for the best corner of the parking lot to watch the storm. It was one of those moments when everything in the world seems perfect: warm breeze, no rain (at first), amazing lightning, the man I love next to me, AND ice cream!! Does life get any better? It was so much fun! Eventually, though, the rain started. And since we had chosen the furthest spot away from our condo, we were thoroughly wet by the time we ran back. I love storms!

3 comments:

Emily said...

It rained here last night?! I was up past midnight and never knew!

landofnyedom said...

Glad you enjoyed it! It kept waking me up all night! :)

Maude Beckman said...

Hi Dana, I just found your Blog! I love thunderstorms too, but my dog not so much... She barked a lot so it kind of ruins it a little...