Thursday, January 1, 2009

Our 1st Christmas (married)

We spent Christmas this year in Utah with Brian's family. It was fun because we got to mesh together some of our old traditions and also make some new ones of our own!

CHRISTMAS EVE:

I spent all day making sugar and gingerbread cookies while watching and re-watching all my favorite Christmas movies.

We headed to Brian's parent's house for Christmas dinner and the nativity re-enactment.
My cute husband as a last minute fill-in for the sheep:
CHRISTMAS DAY:

We woke up to a beautiful WHITE Christmas! Brian & I "opened" presents (which we never wrapped!).
Then we headed to Brian's parent's for Christmas breakfast.
We went sledding!! -I don't think of done that since I was little!
We rushed back to the house to whip up a fancy Christmas dinner: ham, mashed potatoes, yams, stuffing, jell-o, and sparkling cider. Brian's parents and grandmother joined us for the feast! After they left, Brian and I spent the remaining hours of Christmas watching movies, eating pumpkin pie, and enjoying the blizzard going on outside our windows!

7 comments:

landofnyedom said...

Brian was the best sheep ever! :) Looks like you had lots of fun. So glad we didn't have to drive in that weather Christmas night.
I can't believe you've almost been married a year. Any fun plans to celebrate?

Emily said...

you guys are so fun! it looks like a great christmas. we spent our first married christmas with my husband's family and it was AWFUL (but i was only 21 and it was my first non-my-family christmas, so it was hard). I'm glad yours went well!

Curt, Kirsten and Kids said...

Wow...you guys were busy. Wasn't that storm the greatest? You guys are great as well. Love you guys!

The Hunzikers said...

Looks like a great Christmas with lots of fun traditions!! I love reading your posts...you always make me laugh and it brings back so many fond Pony days with your cute farm room right across the hall....oh the good old days! Happy New Year!!

Heidi said...

How fun!! I miss you and would love to see you sometime!! Your tree is beautiful and you look so happy!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a wonderful Christmas dinner Dana! That was really a treat! Grandma loved it as well! We loved having you both here this year. We love you and appreciate all you do!
Dad and Mom

Dan Sudweeks said...

Sounds like alot of fun. We sure missed you, but you really made our christmas even though you were not here yourself. Your gifts were so thoughtfull. I relly mean it I want to frame it and read it often. Maybe I luck out sometimes and do something right. Dana Brian we love you guys.
Ps. I use the Chocolate Latie almost daily.