Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Appreciate Your Teachers

In honor of teacher appreciation week, I'm going to post a cute gift idea. It was made by one of my students and her mother at the beginning of this school year. I thought it was so cute, I kept it in my classroom where I could see it everyday. Only recently did I bring it home to put it to good use-- and since then I've received compliments from everyone who's entered our guest bathroom!Although I haven't made this, I did ask them how they did it:

1. Buy a bottle of soap.
2. Empty the contents and clean off any labels.
3. Copy a cute saying or something onto a transparency and cut it to fit in the bottle.4. Place the transparency in the bottle.
5. Place marbles or something in the bottom.
6. Pour soap back in.
I'm sure this would also make a cute end-of-year present for teachers.

And I don't mean to imply that teachers expect gifts. We don't!! I just know some of you like to give gifts. I just thought I'd help!!

6 comments:

The Peterson's said...

That is a cute idea. Aren't parents great? They come up with wonderful ideas and are very wonderful!

landofnyedom said...

That's way cute.
I love the mom pictures too. Scary to see what kids think sometimes. :)

Anonymous said...

I saw that in your Bathroom and told Brian I thought it was sooo sweet! You could also get the lettering done with a cricket or someone who does lettering! Either way would be really fun! I love useful gifts!
Love you
Dad and Mom Nye

Desiree P said...

I'm totally snagging this idea for Anjali's teacher this year. So cute.

Jenn said...

That is SO cute! Thanks for spreading the idea!

The Hunzikers said...

That is the cutest!! It's little things like that that make teaching a little more enjoyable and it really doesn't have to be something big. That really is cute! I miss getting cute little things like that!