Monday, January 25, 2010
Introducing . . .
Our new favorite person in the entire world!

He's here! He arrived last Wednesday, January 20th. I was scheduled to be induced that day (which is also my due date). And it was a good thing because I started having contractions that morning before we went to the hospital (they hurt like crazy!). We got to the hospital by 7:00 am. Once there, they got me all set up and informed me that my doctor had requested an ultrasound to check on the baby's size before we started anything. The ultrasound tech then came in and did her thing. She estimated from her measurements that the baby would be 9 lbs; but she said she could be off by a pound in either direction. Our doctor met with us and went through our options. She recommended a c-section and we decided to go with that route. Unfortunately, that was a very busy day for deliveries and they couldn't squeeze the c-section in until later in the afternoon. So we spent the long day watching movies and waiting. At least that's how Brian and our mothers spent the day-- I spent it drugged and sleeping!Finally, our time came and Porter Cash Nye was delivered at 4:23 pm. He weighed 9 lb 8 oz and was 22 inches long! The nurses said we won for delivering the biggest baby at the hospital that day! 
We spent 3 days at the hospital recovering and getting used to life as a new little family. Now we are home, still recovering and still adjusting to our new life. We love him SO much! Brian and I will just stare at him and smile because we can't get over how happy we are to have him here!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
34 comments:
oh my gosh I just love this little man. Thank you so much guys for sharing your time with Brad and I at the hospital. We do need to come over soon and take more pictures of your favorite little man. Let us know when you are up for visitors. If you get a picture of him with his monkey I got for him don't forget to send it my way. Love you guys.
Dana...this is Brian's cousin Mandy.I say you 2 at the Nye Christmas party, but never got a chance to say Hello to you. I just wanted to say Congrats to you both! Wow....what a baby?! He is darling, and precious as can be. Enjoy every single min. b/c they grow so quickly! Mine just turned 6 months old, and it seem like yesterday we were bringing him home. Congrats again! :)
***SAW you 2.... lol!
Dana, he is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations. They do grow up so fast, so enjoy every minute and every adventure!
Congratulations Dana! He's so handsome! There's no way to really describe in words what it's like to have a kid, is there? Just amazing :). Jack was exactly the same size as Porter, minus about half an inch on length, and when I was pushing, I BEGGED for a C-section. Probably a good choice not to push him out!
Wish I was there to see the little guy in person :).
Congrats! He's such a cutie. Thanks for letting us stop by the other day so the kiddos could see him. Hope you are getting plenty of rest. We're close by if you need us. :)
Love ya!
YAY! I'm SO happy for you guys! I've been thinking about you EVERYDAY for the past 2 WEEKS! I'm glad everything went well, even though he was 9 1/2 lbs!
Congratulations, he looks absolutely wonderful! I hope your recovery goes well. Enjoy your little baby, they grow up fast!
Oh Dana, he is just beautiful, can you hardly stand it!?! I can't believe how big that guy is, wow. I'm so happy that you guys are all at home together relaxing and loving this boy. Congratulations!
Dana and Brian,
What a beautiful little boy!! so precious!! (not a surprise with you two as parents!!) We are so happy for your family!! Glad your mom is there to help you out. I hope you are recovering from the cs alright... take care of yourself!
Love you guys so much
LIz
Congrats! He's so handsome!!!
CONGRATS!!!!!!! He is so cute!
Yay! Congratulations! He is such a doll. We are missing you in our lovely Reading endorsement classes. I hope all is well!
Congratulations you guys! He is so precious, and you look amazing! Nobody should look that good after major surgery. Congrats to your whole family!
CONGRATS! He's beautiful.
Congrats!!!! What a cutie!! I bet you are so glad to finally have him here and have the pregnancy part over!
Congratulations Dana and Brian!!! I couldn't be more excited for you guys. He is huge!! You have my full respect for carrying him. I hope we get to see him and you both soon. We love you. Congrats!
Congratulations!! He's darling :) Hope your recovery is quick and that you're able to get a little rest. Great job Mommy!
good job you two!!!
He is absolutely adorable! Congrats to you and your new family.
AHHHHH!!! I am so excited for the two of you! I kept checking your blog (daily) to see if there were any updates. I am so happy for you! I wish I could see him in person! Love ya
YEah! He is a doll! He looks just like Brian. I was going to come see you at the hospital, but I had a dang cold. I am just about over it, so I will come bug you soon. CONGRATS< you two will be the best parents!
Congrats! He is adorable and you look so cute after giving birth. I wish I had looked that good :) Have fun and give him lots of love. I am sure you are already an amazing mom!
Yay! Congratulations!
He is ADORABLE!!! Congrats to you both!
He is a beautiful baby! He fits right into our famly Perfect! So happy you are home and things are going good! I loved feeling the spirit so strong while we waited for him to come join us! Thanks fo letting me share in that!
Love you both so much
Dad and Mom Nye
Oh! He is so cute. He is definitely a big baby. How where you able to be scheduled to be induced on your due date, I thought that they only did that if you had a baby before. I am glad to hear that everything went well for you during your delivery. Congrats!!
I've been so excited to see some new pictures of him! Thanks for sharing! And thanks for letting us share that time with you up at the hospital! He sure is a cutie! I loved the first sentence of your post ~'our new favorite person in the entire world!' Isn't it amazing how much you can love those little guys?!
Love you guys! Let us know if you need anything.
awww! congrats! i'm so happy for you two. what a handsome little guy! let me know if there is anything I can do for you!... dinner or anything! :)
SOOOO Cute! Can't wait to meet your little guy and see you guys again! :) Love you!!!
Way to go! You guys made a cute one! Congratulations. I seriously think you will be the best parents. Congratulations!
Corinne.
Congratulations! He is so so cute! I am so glad he arrived safe and HEALTHY! Good luck adjusting to your new little family life.. :)
He is so cute. Ilove the name. Congrats
Oh my gosh, I need to check everyone's blogs more often. I didn't even know you were pregnant. Congratulations. He is adorable.
Post a Comment