Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Little Moments
Yesterday, I watched Porter squeal for joy, then glue himself to the window to watch the garbage truck come by to pick up the trash.
Earlier, I helped him open up our caterpillars that came in the mail (part of our butterfly-growing kit). He was so excited to watch the "buz" (bugs) move all around the cup and just had to carry them around, ever so carefully, for quite some time.
And while I was folding laundry in his room, I couldn't help but smile at his leg-kicking position as he played with the iPod on his old crib, waiting for me to finish so we could play.
All those moments yesterday (plus a hundred more) made me so grateful that I have this week off to enjoy every minute of the day with my little boy. But it also made me a little sad. These little moments are happening every day while I'm gone. I hate that I'm missing out on these things. And while I absolutely love teaching my first-graders how to read and write and be responsible citizens, I think I'd rather be home blowing bubbles with Porter.
Hopefully, my stay-at-home-mommy days will come soon. And when the day does come, I really hope I remember to enjoy all of these little moments and not take them for granted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a darling little guy that Porter is! I love him kicking his legs in his big boy pants. You are such a cute mommy even if you don't get to stay home all the time yet. Summer is coming soon, right?? Miss you!
Man is he cute. You're such a good mom, Dana. I applied for a full-time job yesterday and then thought for 5 minutes about what it would mean to work full time and not be home with my kids and started to cry--before I had even gotten an email that my application had been accepted. Ridiculous. Mothering is definitely where I'd rather be.
Post a Comment