Saturday, May 24, 2008

Sensational Saturday

Last week Dana and I went up bouldering with some our friends Nathan and Shar Bingham. We decided to find a place I had never been called the patriot crack. On our hike to the climbing area we ran into quite a bit of brush and scrub oak that managed to leave big scrapes on my legs and arms, and made moving around with crash pads on our backs very difficult. I told Dana I would love to go up and clean those trails up. Dana took it to heart and during the week while I was working a late shift, she went out shopping, she got all the tools we needed to go and make a proper trail. The plan was to go camping Friday night wake up Saturday and maintain the trails. However due to the typical memorial day weekend rainstorm we did not get to go camping. So we stayed home last night and decided to work on the boulder fields anyways. We worked right around 5 hours, and barely scratched the surface of what we would like to get done up there. However I am just so happy to be married to a gal who will get up there and work like that with me just to make it easier for us and others to have access to those rocks. Below are some pictures of how it turned out.

Main Approach trail

Before

After

Patriot Crack Boulder

Before

After


Foot Note: Just thought I would mention that I have spent more time trying to get this stinking thing to post than we did today clearing those trails

3 comments:

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

You two are a match made in heaven! I have to admit Dana,clearing that path would not be on the top of my list of fun things to do. Brian~ what a lucky guy! I love Heidi Bird too! I am also thankful that she introduced you two. We love you Dana and you do such a great job keeping Brian in check! LOL! Brian, you're a great catch too. You guys definitely bring out the best in each other and are such a cute couple with great homemade ice cream! :)

Love ya,
Brandy

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

Oh yeah! We want to get together soon and do the surf thing at Brian's work. I bet Kaedan and Carter will love it! I can hear Troy and Brian's squeals of excitement watching them now. We'll get in touch soon... :)

landofnyedom said...

Wow! You have a good wife.
Thanks for helping us rock climb today, Brian. That was lots of fun! The kids can't wait to go back.
-Holly