Monday, May 5, 2008
Ode to Allrecipes.com
So I looked back at our blog today and realized that most of you were still only seeing Brian's bloody foot whenever you checked our blog! I decided that it needed to be fixed. So while deciding what to blog about today (in the 5 minutes that I have!), I decided on something that both Brian and I love . . . very strongly.
Years ago, my sister, Danielle, told me about her favorite website, allrecipes.com. I used it once or twice, but seeing how my dinners consisted mostly of cereal, toast, or sandwiches, I never quite appreciated the full value of it. But I got married, and eventually the guilt started sinking in when all I could suggest for dinner was cereal! So I went back to this resource and began to really appreciate what it can do.
First of all, every recipe is rated, so you can search according to ranking, or just refer to the ranking to see how other people liked it. Secondly, you can print the recipes into the sizes that you need. They offer 4x6, 3x5, or full page. Third, you can change the number of servings it makes and it will automatically change the recipe to make that much. Fourth, you can search for recipes by the ingredients. For example, Brian said he wanted something with pineapple for dinner the other day (cuz he loves pineapple), I searched for recipes with pineapple and found this pineapple bake recipe that was actually really good (cuz it had a pretty high rating too)! And lastly, another favorite feature is that almost all the recipes have pictures!! I have a hard time wanting to make things when I can't see what they're going to look like! So, I could keep going on & on about this website, but I don't think I will- you should just try it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow! Your sister Danielle must be really smart! :)
Okay, just kidding! Glad you like the site...even if it is years later! It really is my favorite place for recipes...for all those exact reasons that you specified! I love it!
Could we please come to dinner every night! LOL! OR you could come cook for us!
Love you
Dad and Mom
Sounds like I need to check that site out! thank you
Dana! I found you through Cherie's buddy list and thoroughly enjoyed reading about some of your newlywed adventures. :) I use allrecipes a ton, it's definitely the best! I hope you're doing well, cutie!
I am so excited about the tip!! I love getting new recipes and I can't wait to try this recipe site out. Thanks for the info on title 1 schools too. I will probably be calling and crying with you next year!! Miss you tons and tons!!
Hey why didn't you try it out on us while we were there? Just kidding, We had a blast staying with you. Be good and thanks for everything.
Wa Dad and Mom
Post a Comment