Friday, July 25, 2008

Since You Went Away

Until my nephew, Garrett, was about 2-3 years old, my sister and her husband lived down the street from me in good ol' Provo. I would head over there after a long day of student-teaching and classes and just hang out. I got to babysit Garrett whenever they needed me because they were SO close.
I ended up seeing them several times a week. Now that they live in Texas, I have to settle for once a year. Here are the cuties I am missing:

Garrett, who has become quite the little boy (from the toddler I knew) and is very mature. He starts kindergarten this year, but he already sits down and read the Magic Treehouse chapter books on his own.

Ethan, who I only know from the once-a-year visits. But he is adorable! And a starbucks junkie-- okay, not really, it was just water or milk or something. =)


Although I am missing these boys like crazy, I am very blessed to have 9 nieces and nephews on Brian's side who all live so close! We love them!

3 comments:

landofnyedom said...

So are you saying you need more babysitting oppurtunities? I'm happy to loan you our kids if you're feeling lonely. :)
We're glad you guys are so close too. It was good seeing you yesterday. Hope the tournament (or whatever you were helping Brian with) was fun!

Dani said...

AHHHH! That makes me miss you even more than I already do - if that is even possible!?! I miss those times when we could just hang out for no reason...just because we were so close! Thanks for the tribute to my boys...they love you too!

Anonymous said...

Hey Dana don't let Holly fool you! She doesn't share her kids very often! We love you all! And I feel so very lucky to have all of you so close!
Love you
Mom