Monday, June 2, 2008
My New Hobby!
So I am totally aware that every living thing that I touch dies shortly thereafter (except humans-- don't worry!). But I'm not going to assume that I'm cursed-- I'm taking it as a challenge! I am determined to have a beautiful "patio" garden.
Since we live in a condo on the 3rd floor, I don't really have a plot of land to refine my gardening skills. So I'm learning how to do it in containers.
I have a cute husband who supports me in everything (even if he thinks it's a bit foolish and the plants will die in a week). But because he knew I wanted to plant flowers, he insisted that I buy this plant stand on Friday as an end-of-school reward for myself! I'm kind-of a penny-pincher and don't buy anything I don't absolutely need- so it's good I have Brian here to encourage me to get things I want! I love it! The bottom row of the stand is my herb garden (still lacking a proper container, though!).
This is the Rosemary bush that Brian & I couldn't leave the nursery without! We love the Macaroni Grill Bread recipe and rosemary is the only random ingredient-- So now we can make it anytime we want! We made some yesterday. So yummy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
GUESS WHAT! I did the same thing with my front porch! Living in a townhouse doesnt exactly give you grass in the front yard so i bought 2 HUGE potter plants, and I have 2 more small pots that I planted different flowers in! I should post mine so you can see... I feel like a crazy obsessive flower lady, but I want a flower garden SO bad!!! Ha Ha. And PS mine are dying already too and it has only been about 2 or 3 weeks! lol. But I love how pretty they dress up your porch! It makes the biggest difference huh?! We need to double sometime......
Wow! Hope you have better luck than I do at keeping plants alive. We can keep the weeds growing pretty good though, but we've been slowing working on getting rid of those. :)Have a fun summer off!
Holly
Looks great! And I had to buy my rosemary just for that recipe too! Soooooo good!
Dana, I really love your new garden.I should get something like, what a great idea! I really want a herb garden too.
Nice, we went to a garden center to pick out some flowers to plant in a pot on our porch with the girls. The lady showed me snap dragons, I asked "are those hard to take care of?" She said they could be....to which I responded, "Let's see something else then." I hope - for the sake of my child who watches out the window to see if our flowers have grown - that I am able to succeed in keeping them all alive! Wish me luck, and good luck with yours as well.
Pretty Dana!!! You can come help me get all my pots planted whenever you want! I am behind now. I didn't want to do it before our China trip!
Love you
I am trying out the potted flowers/veggies as well. We'll see how it goes. So far, so good!
I'm glad you found my blog! The more blogging buddies, the better!!!
Post a Comment